Featured Slider

March OMG

March!  Hard to believe it's a year since the world kinda stopped.  Other than two trips to Riley last July, I have not been further than 20 miles from my house in the last year.  I go weeks at a time without even leaving my neighborhood (my husband does most of the grocery shopping).

My goal for March is to finish the remaining individual units for the borders for my For the Love of Geese quilt.  If I get really ambitious, I'll maybe have time to sew them together.  But for now, I will settle for just getting the units made.  There are 40 individual units to be made and I currently have 12 done.

I have been really busy quilting lately.  Here is my next project--an antique quilt that will be receiving hand-guided, light custom quilting. The owners estimate it to be 50 years old.  I think the fabric looks a bit older than that, but I don't really know. It's entirely hand-pieced.

Here are sneak peeks of a few recently quilted projects. This first one is my Morewood Mystery quilt, quilted with Overlapping Crop Circles.  This is next up in the binding category.

These next two are Sonja's quilts.  The Irish Chain is quilted with Marmalade and the Flying Geese, Good Vibrations.

This is Odie's Morewood Mystery, quilted with Eddy.

I have lots more to share soon.  Lots.  Watch Instagram for more photos. It might take me forever to get them posted, but they'll make it there eventually.

I finished binding my National Parks wall hanging.  I generally work on binding in the evenings and I've been too worn out by that point in the day most evenings lately, so it took me about a month to bind. This is my fourth finish of the year.  I've only finished small things, but at least I've finished something.


This is a panel from Riley Blake and I was really happy that it was not distorted. (I've purchased panels in the past that were really crooked/off grain.)  I chose Malachite for the quilting and I love how it gives the impression of a topographical map.

Something else I accomplished this week that I am proud of, but should have happened much, much sooner, is that I shipped 11 quilts I made over the past two years to Quilts for Kids. I wish I would have taken a picture of the stack of them before I shipped, but I forgot.

Oh, I can finally share a project I worked on last fall.  This quilt is made from the Charming Pirouette pattern from Yellow Umbrella Quilts.  I made my version using pinks and greens from my stash.  I added in a white fabric printed with little bows for my background and a Christopher Thompson Blossom print for the backing.

There are signs of spring all around us.  I can't wait.  Spring is my favorite.  The skies were so blue yesterday.  I took this picture while out on a walk.
Finally, I leave you with an image of my sewing room that I call "detritus."
If you need me, I'll be quilting.  If you can arrange for more hours in a day, send some my way.  :)


I haven't made much progress sewing-wise.  My time this past week has been filled with painting and paperwork and correspondence. 

I have two coats of paint on approximately half of the basement walls.  I was worried when I started painting because the paint looked peach.  This could be because my only lighting was a halogen work light, but it made me nervous.  The paint dried into a nice, boring beige, so I can live with it.  Some day when there's lighting installed I'll try to remember to share photos.

I have successfully filled out the FAFSA within the deadline.  My taxes are getting much closer to completion.

Now that the days are getting longer and sunnier, we are starting to generate a lot more solar energy again. The snow is melting and many of the trees have buds.  Soon I will need to clean out last year's debris from the flower beds. I don't enjoy that part, but I do enjoy the flowers.  Spring is my favorite.

I did start work on the outside borders of my For the Love of Geese quilt.  As you may recall, these are the fabrics I decided on.

I will need to make 40 units to complete the borders.  I have six done so far.  Here is a little photo progression from when I was working on them the other day.

I'll be busy quilting this week and will share when I can.  I'll have a wide variety of beauties to share eventually, including a hand-pieced antique quilt.  :)

Have a wonderful week, and thanks for stopping by.

Linking with For the Love of Geese and My Quilt Infatuation.